Friday, November 20, 2009

Tough day as a mom

As I've mentioned, not every blog entry in not always about political views but I truly believe they all, in some way tie in togethter. One issue we have been deaing with in the short term is appreciation and counting our blessings.

If our children, especially the young ones, only knew how often we got onto them then turned our backs to them with a "cheese- it "grin on our faces over how funny it is "the crime" they committed!! This however was not even close to being to one of those times! Two of my children, the lastest today, have experienced my view about the above mentioned appreciation and blessingsl This was truly a first for us. They are, for the most part, VERY appreciative and so it caught me be surprise. The youngest asked me just to give her the money for something she wanted, NOT needed. When I told her no, the pouting began as I have never seen, then did the begging.. NO means NO in this house and begging never helped them! I explained a bout our blessing such as electricity, vehicles that work, cable, beds for everyone, clean clothes, food, and people that love her and never think about unthinkable things about her!I help a couple of people prepare for their GED (MY blessing NOt theirs). When I left to do this, she tried something brand new, asked her dad for the money, what I had told her no about. I FOUND OUT!! UH-OH! She was told to think about the consequences until I get home. Cruel huh? LOL When I get we had a more in depth converstation and she had her favorite toy taken away. I pray the message was AHRU! Now the older one start the same line of questioning about giving her some money. She received the same lecture about blessing and hers included the dreaded J-O-B! I beleive she truly got is. She will clean her sister's room for pay. Good for her!!

My business is seasonal and money is so tight but to the dismay of my children's generation, THEY ARE ENTITLED TO NOTHING BUT THE LIFE GOD GAVE THEM!! I honestly believe children going through monetarily tough times are the best thing taught to them other having their parents lead them to Jesus (yes I said the "J Word) Not that some rich people will not make it to glory, but I challenge you to read what the New Testament says about the difficulty of rich people making it into heaven. To tie it all together, life lived believed in and taught litteraly from the Bible will always give us the right answers. Know that the Word IS Jesus and the Word IS ALIVE!!

Lovingly and God Bless!

Maria Lankheit Glenn

No comments:

Post a Comment