Tuesday, November 17, 2009

First Blog Post Ever!!

I am quite nervous (so please be patient) but I feel the unity of conservatives is far more important than my "blog anxiety". Many of my blogs will be comprised of conservative issues through my eyes but some will be on raising children. In many ways, the two are intertwined anyway. Besides current events or headlines, I would like to list a number of issues I intend to blog on.

  • Respect and Common Courtesy
  • Christianity IS Relevant to Our Country
  • Parent Child Relationships
  • Can Liberals and Conservatives be Friends?
  • Who's the Racist?
  • Politically Correct or Political Coward
  • You CAN Self-Educate!!!
  • Israel And the USA

I also welcome your ideas for topics for OUR blog!

I would like for you to get to know me a little. My life has been a great one but I am soooo far from perfect. I was born and raised in very small town in Southeast Missouri. I joined the United States Air Force in 1987 at 20 years old. While in, I was a medic. Also while in I had my first child, a perfect Latina baby girl. Unmarried and not yet a Christian, I made the right choice and oh how she has blessed me!! I have since had 3 other children totaling 3 girls and 1 son. When discharged, I worked as a civilian paramedic for many many years then stayed home with my children. I have been divorced twice. I became saved by the grace of God in 2000. I've been on fire for the Lord and had my share of dry spells. We are so far from wealthy. My husband is a police officer and firefighter in a small but gang infested commutity and we also own out own lawn care service. Do to tight money, I worked and ran it this year. I have spent months of my life using food stamps and medicaid for my children TEMPORARILY, as designed if at all possible. My conservatism has grown as my understanding of Christianity and my parenting skills have grown. My hope for this blog is for other conservatives, especially mothers, can relate and be encouraged, even inspired to begin their own. If I can do it, anyone can!!! May the Lord truly bless y'all and this mighty democracy of the United States of America!!

Dalana


No comments:

Post a Comment